EM Client closes itself

Hi,

My EM Client closes itself at random. Anyone else with this problem?

Specs:
EM Client V9.0.1361
ASUS VivoBook Pro 16X OLED M7600QE-L2093W
Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Build 22000.556
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.556.0

AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz
32,0 GB (31,4 GB available)

This is most likely a bug with Windows 11. Specifically the UI automation. Can you please contact Microsoft for assistance as they are aware of this problem with their OS.

In the meantime, you may be able to bypass that part of the OS by running eM Client in Windows 8 compatibility mode. It is not guaranteed, but may allow you to use eM Client until Microsoft can fix the issue.

1 Like

Microsoft responded that EM Client should develop their software compatible with their OS. Even when there is a known bug, EM Client should take care of their own software. This because Windows is very popular.

It doesn’t matter if Windows 11 is popular or not. The bug is with Windows 11, and has nothing to do with eM Client or any other desktop application.

eM Client is fully compatible with Windows 11, but that is not the issue. The issue is a bug in the OS, and running eM Client in Windows 8 compatibility mode will bypass this Windows bug until Microsoft can fix it.

1 Like

See here:

Solved crashing problem.

Do you mean we don’t have to use compatible mode anymore?

It depends on what version of Windows 11 you are using.

If you have the Insider Developer Preview in which Microsoft have fixed the issue, then no, you don’t have to use compatibility mode.

2 Likes

Winning a competition in arrogance with Microsoft seems a hopeless affair to me …

(I’m user in compatibility mode now)