em client cannot sync with outlook.com

I just downloaded your email client and it will not sync with outlook.com.I previously tried thunderbird which did sync with outlook but I wasn’t fully satisfied with it slowness. I checked all the settings and they correct. Can you please offer a solution. thank you

Hello Jeff, what version of eM client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you seeing any errors thrown by the application when you try to synchronize your items with the server?

Are you using any security software on your computer that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to your mail server?

Thank you.

I just downloaded it and it is version 6.0.22344.0. I don’t have any anti virus software activated. it is a new computer and I haven’t done that yet. 
I have been able to connect to server with outlook and mozilla thunderbird. There are different issues with them but they were able to connect to the 
server. Thanks for your assistance. 

Hello again Jeff, as far as I know, Thunderbird doesn’t synchronize the account using AirSync, but IMAP and SMTP, this however disabled your ability to synchronize Calendars and Contacts with the server through Thunderbird.

If you’d like to use the same settings, you can, simply setup your Outlook.com account as IMAP using the recommended server settings with eM client and for Calendars and Contacts you can use the Local folders.