eM Client cannot connect to imap server... ssl version error

I have a self hosted IMAP/SMTP server that I’ve been using for years. I’ve also been using eM Client for about a year. Recently I was forced to reinstall Windows due to a hard drive failure. I have been unable to connect to my IMAP server (which is configured to require tls connections) since reinstalling eM Client.

eM Client only tells me that it was unable to connect and gives no further error. On the server side the logs for dovecot show:

SSL error: SSL_accept() failed: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number

I’ve tested with several other email clients and all of them are able to connect without issue, leading me to believe this is something specific to eM Client. I’ve also triple checked my email account configuration and confirmed that everything is correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Could be possibly either the IMAP settings slightly out, or maybe the version of eM Client. or the TLS in Windows is possibly outdated.

What version of eM Client do you have ?,

What are your IMAP settings? Blank out any personal details.

What version of Windows are you running ?

Also if you have been doing eM Client backups either manually via *Menu / Backup" or automatically via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” you can restore the most recent .zip from your Profile “Documents / eM Client” folder.