eM Client Backup tool

Recently i find that a message pops up when I go onto eM Client that says something like ‘eM client backup tool - database backup’. can someone please tell me if this is a new feature and what exactly it is doing. I use the free version of this program.

Hello,

this is message that backup of your data is in process, that means that it saves your data into a file that you can use if anything will happen to your eM Client or if you need to move data and settings fast onto another computer or when you are making clean Windows install for example.

I dont suggest turning it off, but you can do it here - Tool - Settings - General - Backup and cancel mark off at “Enable Backup”

regards
Jan

Received your reply with thanks.

Gordon Tate

Hello,

I am glad that I could help you

regards
Jan

Does this backup tool only save local data or does it download messages from email servers and store it locally?

How is it different from the Autoarchive function?

backup will backup all data you have downloaded or stored locally, but it will created only file with those data and do nothing to data inside em client

automatic archiving is meant for deleting emails from server and storing them locally in one folder so they will not take space on server, but they will be still available.

Jan

backup will backup all data you have downloaded or stored locally, but it will created only file with those data and do nothing to data inside em client

automatic archiving is meant for deleting emails from server and storing them locally in one folder so they will not take space on server, but they will be still available.

Jan

Thanks for the information. In fact I have restored my eM Client backup facility after having removed it. I found it very useful when I installed Windows 10.