Em Client auto-shutdown and auto-start

shouldn’t the Windows 11 UI automation bug have been fixed in that version?

Yes the Oct 22H2 is meant to have the Win11 automation fix in it.

However from what I’ve read many peeps just in general around the globe who have got the 22H2 early are getting problems with crashes with eg: Intel CPUs and some Nvidia cards running alot of programs etc. Microsoft are are apparently working on fixes for those issues.

Also according to many websites not all the features of 22H2 are being released initially and some updates will be come out later in Oct.

1 Like

Sorry Gary, EMc is still crashing even in Windows8 compatibility mode. It seems to predominately happen when I right click on a name in an email header and select “send email” to this person. A new editor window opens and the program freezes and EMc closes after a short while.

I am using dozens of programs and have used several email clients this year. None of them crash like this. I have never heard of a Windows 11 UI automation bug. There is very little on the internet and when you google it the third hit is this forum. This suggests that only EMc is affected…

Are you sure it is a windows bug? Nobody else seems to experience this bug? Is there a write around that EMc can apply?

Disclaimer: I’m not suggesting the following is a good solution to closing EMC.

Just a comment about the original topic/question… it looks like the command…

taskkill /im mailClient.exe

… seems to gracefully terminates EMC. I tried it several times while EMC was doing a refresh. None of the restarts afterward suggest EMC detected a corrupt database or even did a “corruption check”. From what I read, this command will try to terminate the application gracefully. I don’t know what happens if it cannot do so because all of the tests I did worked.

For now, I’ve decided not to proceed with EMC. I understand others believe my backup requirements are without merit due to other EMC capabilities, but we will have to agree to disagree.