g-mail user here, on Win 10 (x64) with ESET Internet Security installed.
I am getting the dreaded red circle (i.e., cannot connect error) when I update from V7 to the latest version of V8.
I can send e-mails, but cannot receive them. (The red circle is present all the time.)
Other than reinstalling V7, which works perfectly BTW, does anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot the V8 installation?
(1) Update to current version
(2) Temporarily turn off AV and give it a whirl.
I updated to the latest version of V8 – still no go and i get the red circle. I can send e-mails but cannot receive them.
I turned off ESET - shut down protection, turned off firewall and turned off email protocol filtering – same as above…I get the red circle…i can send emails but cannot receive them.
Once I reinstall V7 everything work perfectly again.
Any more thoughts?
No other thoughts… good luck!
I am NOT familiar with ESET… I am running Win10 (x64) and have no problems using version 8 and connecting to gmail (calendars and all) using imap on SSL.
I just wanted to let you know it is possible, I just don’t know what your specific problem might be though. Weird that you can send but not receive…
I did not do an upgrade though… everything was setup from scratch. Don’t forget to enable the gmail side of things if you haven’t already.
SAme problem. Version 8 does not seem to be ready for primetime.
Cannot receive GMAIL as others have noted.
How can I return to Version 7?
Problem seems to solved. I exited the program. Restarted the computer. Restarted the program.
Hope this might help someone.
You might find the problem recurs - others have.
In case you do want to revert to v7, summary instructions are here.
Of particular merit is the step to delete or rename the database C:\Users\ [username]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. I would rename and then delete once you are safely back running with v7.
The repository of older versions of eM Client is here and the final version of v7 (7.2.40748) is here
Try this fix. It worked for me…em Client v8 works !!! I can now send and receive emails from my gmail account without issue.
Open the registry (regedit):
and set Enabled to 0