eM Client 7 changelog

I see that a new release of eM client 7 came out yesterday (build 26482) but no changelog has been posted on what this fixes/adds over the original eM Client 7 release. Will you be posting those details?

Hello,
7.0.26482 is the final version 7 release, may I just ask where you got the information that it is a yesterday’s release?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

The first proper v7 release was 7.0.26432.0 which was released on 1st July. You then released 7.0.26482 on 4th July - http://www.emclient.com/release-history - but these is no changelog for this release.

Regards,

Andy.

I see,
there is no changelog needed for these versions, as there have been few internal version in between, which inlude only small cosmetic changes or older issues fixes.
The latest date is then applied to the release, with the original changelog, since no larger changes have been made.

Regards,
Olivia

“there is no changelog needed for these versions, as there have been few internal version in between, which inlude only small cosmetic changes or older issues fixes.” There were 50 builds (not a few) and, as you say, “older issues fixed”. Surely it would be good to post the issues that you have fixed.

I worry about your internal change control if you did not know that 26432 was the initial v7 proper release.

Hello,
there were definitely not 50 builds, the version numbers are not generated one by one. It can indicate changes during the programming itself or versions meant for internally testing specific function, not actual releasable builds.
If the original build just contained few cosmetic issues it is better to not make it downloadable so the users don’t keep reporting the same minor inconsistencies.

I am not part of the development team, so I am sorry about the mistake on my part about the original number, as I only checked the current version 7 official release from the Release history.

Regards,
Olivia

OK, but you’re now doing the same with 7.1 . Since it was released I think there have been three newer builds published, none of which give any indication as to what they fix. I just checked and there was another build released today. The internal updater in eM Client says no newer version is available but there is!

Why can’t you just add a note to say what *each* new build fixes? It must fix something otherwise you wouldn’t release it.