eM Client 7 BETA launch

I’m loving v7 so far…except that all my gmail is being marked as important and when I delete an email it simply changes the category to “Trash” but the email stays in my inbox. Strange that the default is to mark every email as important. Apparently I have to set a rule to turn this off as per Barbara’s comment.

Does anyone know how I can stop the inbox from showing emails that are in the trash?

Hi,
try zooming in on your messages using the CTRL button and mouse scroll/plus sign. The zoom should be remembered for all other messages as well.

Regards,
Olivia

So we are missing a slider as seen in the MS office applications, to increase or decrease the size of the message panel ^^

I tried CTRL + mouse scroll and it works only for the current message,  it’s not changing the size for all emails. It would be very useful to have this under “Settings” so we could have a universal custom font size for all mails across all accounts.

Some messages just refuse to be deleted.  I have one message from Twitter that says “Popular in your network”.  The message is blank, EM Client won’t show nothing at all.  When I try to delete it nothing happens, it’s undeletable.

After I expand all conversations, how can I compress them again?
Thanks.

I was hoping to see an option in filters to filter based on an email address not in my contacts. It makes it so much simpler to filter to trash or junk.  Will this be added soon?

Another message that cannot be deleted:  one that was sent from Em CLient about a response in this blog. It displays blank and it’s undeletable.

The Archive button is missing.  That was pretty useful . It should be  located between the Mark and the Delete button.

Was this ever figured out? I’m getting the same error for both my gmail and exchange calendars. Error is:

Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

installed beta without probs, converting from v.6 also without probs,it takes not so long
I like the new look and feel, licencing works without probs
i miss the junk button and the mailsize filter, but it is a beta…so its ok…
goot work so far

You can customize the toolbar yourself, however, I was told the archive button (if you have added it) will only work or better said appear for GMail accounts.

OTH, I too, miss a better archiving function for ages now, but I guess I won’t hold my breath for getting it anytime soon.

At least v7 should now keep its archive in a dedicated database for performance improvements - did not test this though.

Just curious: I did a backup of my current v6, using menu file - backup and got a resulting zip file somewhere in my documents folder.

I fired up my Win10 VM with emClient v7 and wonder and which steps should be done to import this backup into a plain, newly installed emClient?

I’ve already put this zip file into the Win10 my documents folder, using the very same folder name as during the backup process (Win7) - of course this did not work in v7, using menu file - restore.

So I’ve unzipped this file and tried again - to no avail either.

Last step I’m considering to perform: unzip this file into %appdata%…emclient but I guess this would finally crash v7.

Hence, could you pls. give a short instruction on how to restore a backup to restore it in a VM with v7?

Thanks,
Michael

So, as Olivia assumed, the new size is NOT persistent, right? Did not try this myself so far.

Hello Michael,
restoring from a ZIP file backup made in version 6 is not possible, because we made quite a few changes to the structure of the database between these versions to make it more efficient.
You’ll need to restore from this backup in version 6 (to create a functioning database) and then use the option to Migrate from v6 when you set up v7.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi,
thank you for the feedback, but no need to be sad about the Move to junk button!
Just right-click the top toolbar and choose to Customize it. You will be able to add/remove and reorder the buttons you want to have accessible from the top toolbar here.
The mailsize filter is now only possible with the Conversations view turned off.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi,
you can close the message in the conversation view by clicking the header.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi,
we are aware of this problem now, managed to replicate it and are working on a fix.
Thank you for reporting it.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi,
the button is just as Mike above mention, you can add it in the Customize option of the top toolbar, but it will be functioning for Google accounts only, as that is the feature that their server provides and that we accommodated to. For accounts that do not provide this functionality, we are able to only provide our own Automatic Archiving function.
The database structure has indeed been changed and split into more parts for better performance.

Regards,
Olivia

Ok, understand so asking the other way around: Which files must be copied form my Win7 emClient to the VM running v7 beta?

Just those files below %appdata%, before running v7 for the first time and get an automatic upgrade of the databases or would it be better to install v6 in the VM, restore the backup and upgrade to v7 afterwards?

I would like to test v7 with live data instead of setting up just one out of ten accounts.

Michael