eM Client 7 BETA launch

I just opened eM Client to check my e-mail and found a very long message about  your BETA 7 launch covering my screen.  I didn’t have time to read it at the moment, so I clicked on my Inbox and it disappeared.  So, how do I get it back to read what you wanted to tell me?  Also, just to bring me up to date, is there no longer a way to contact eM Client for customer service, other than this “conversation” thing?  Thanks.

Dave

Hi Dave,
I must admit I am not completely sure what you talk about - we sent out no banner like this.
You could read about the BETA either here on the forum or on our blog, so if you are interested in the BETA read about it here.
Also, FREE customer support has always been done over the forum, while the support for PRO license users is done through a Support center.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks for your response, Olivia.  It seems really strange that that could be done without your knowledge if you work for eM Client.  Maybe the folks at the Support Center could bring us up to speed, but I don’t have access.  Do you?  Would it help you to know that the message was labeled an “RSS” feed, whatever that means, and it was quite long–the equivalent of several pages.  I believe it was inviting me to try out the new beta version.

Regard,

Dave

Hi Dave,
I am part of the eM Client support.
And from your definition now, it sounds you opened eM Client in the widget section with the eM Client RSS widget open.
The eM Client widget shows the posts from our blog, so the text is the same as in this post - http://www.emclient.com/blog/good-new…
It is just an announcement about the BETA being public and anyone who wishes to can try it out.

Regards,
Olivia

Olivia,

Nope, sorry, the page you linked me to is much, much shorter than the document I received.  It is not the same.

Dave