eM Client 7 - 'All mail' folder hidden in IMAP settings

Hi,

This setting is a showstopper for me. Why does this folder have to be visible? I have literally tens of thousands emails archived in Gmail, and syncronizing all these will take hours to complete.

Hans

Hello,

Unfortunately this is just the way GMail works and we have no way of influencing that. However I just tested it and synchronizing 6083 mails took just under 4 minutes. Depending on your internet connection it might not be so bad as to take hours.

Regards,
Dave

Hi,

As I have read on the forums other users have experienced various problems related to the ‘All mail’ folder. Not sure what you mean by ‘this is just the way GMail works’ because I don’t have ‘All mail’ visible in IMAP and this have no impact on Mozilla Thunderbird other than not having to syncronize this folder. Not sure why eM Client have to do this…

Hans

Hello Hans,
we are trying to accommodate to more GMail features in the BETA of version 7 (more than Thunderbird does, probably), and for some of them the All Mail folder is essential.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Olivia

I am having this issue too. I have checked ‘Show in IMAP’ but still keep getting this error message. If this can’t be fixed, I will have to forget eM Client, a shame as it has so much potential.

Hello Nico,
could you please screenshot your Folders/Labels in the Labels tab of Gmail’s settings on webmail?
We observed that this error message is sometimes triggered by flawed folder structure in gmail, so I’d like to check if your gmail folders don’t have the same issue.

Regards,
Olivia

This was/is not a problem in version 6 so something must have changed. I will have to stay with version 6 until it is changed…

Hello Dave,
the way we treat Gmail accounts have changed with version 7, which needs All Mail folder enabled in IMAP. (Which version 6 did not need.)
This thread is describing an issue where even with the All Mail folder Shown in IMAP the error message about it not being available pops up.
The solution to that is checking the folder structure of Gmail folders in Settings>Labels and making sure there are not 2 Google folder trees (for example [Gmail] and [Google mail]). Renaming them to the same fixes this issue.

Regards,
Olivia

Unfortunately, I have an issue with the “All Mail” folder too. On the one hand, I didn’t have to check the “Show in IMAP” for eM Client 6 but this has been addressed above that it is necessary for eM Client 7.

That I can live with, if “All Mail” has to be visible in the folder tree.  But for both my “Google Apps” accounts I have still unread mails in “All Mail” while in the Inbox everything is marked as read. When I check those e-mails in the “All Mail” folder, they are e-mails which should be visible in the Inbox but they are not, and I don’t have any filters or rules set, neither in GMail nor in my fresh eM Client 7 install (fresh, not importet from 6).

You have any idea what could cause that new e-mails are in “All Mail” but not in the Inbox?