eM Client 6 setup.msi does not install

I probably should have posted this in a separate thread, but I’m here now, so here goes:

My 4 other mail accounts (2 POP and 2 Gmail) accounts seemed to have migrated and connected quite normally, but a paid Yahoo acct did not. I have tried every config, including your automated setup, and using all the suggestions Yahoo gives, but all to no avail. No amount of reboots, changing passwords (for Yahoo), trying to switch back from IMAP to POP (?)…nothing seems to work.

I have tried both using the regular acct name, as well as the alias attached to that particular acct. It requires SSL, so I have also tried using the different settings for that service as well. 

the error message is "Server says “Unauthorized”…yet I can login normally via the web and access this acct (as a POP) via Thunderbird. I did try those settings too…

To clarify, when importing my data from THunderbird, I tried to use the “conversion to IMAP” for this POP acct, but haven’t figured out a way to change it back to a POP outside of creating a new acct and losing all the imported data from Thunderbird.

Suggestions? 

(BTW, I just tried to create that acct again using the automatic setup wizard, but to no avail. Your test message came through, then the acct locked down and would not access again.

Apparently starting working…did you make some changes?

no such luck. I’m sending from, but not receiving to that acct. Strange

Hi Stephen,

It seems the setup for Yahoo can be tricky.

See the following topic for a possible solution:

https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/password_required_server_says_unauthorized-16d0w8