eM Client 5.0 - Heading in the right direction.

I just wanted to say a quick thank you for producing this software. I wouldn’t call it perfect… but it’s very good and I’m impressed with the way it handles so many different options, accounts and chat features.

Initially eM Client feels like a cross between Windows Live Mail and Outlook but after using it for a while, I realize it’s a very robust email handler and has a wealth of options comparable to Outlook itself and in some cases it improves upon those features.

I especially like the unified Inbox and how it will link into Facebook Chat, Google Talk and Skype and house them all under one roof! very cool.

It’s great that there’s both a free and pro version, I would never have tried it otherwise and I feel there’s a good balance between the free and paid options.I’ll be saving my pennies for the pro version, need to get all the chat options enabled once again! :slight_smile:

Here’s what I feel is missing or could be improved upon:

In this version it looks like the icons for folders and the Inbox have been removed and replaced with a more modern and streamlined text interface. I’ve always been big on having icons for folders etc and it would be nice to have these back in the next version and have the option to enable or disable them depending on your preference or even replace them with the icons in the style of your choice.

It would be great if you guys could offer a more open theme system, so you could change icons, folders, button, lines and textures, a way to really customize the overall look and feel of eM Client would be great. + have dedicated page for community developed themes.

Have at least 5 totally unique themes to match to each different version of Windows OS (98/Grey,XP,Vista, Win7 & Win8), Independent of the preset themes already included.

The option to receive social media notifications e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ as part of the sidebar.

Have a bigger ribbon across the top, to allow for bigger buttons and more features that can be access from the top row.

But apart from these features I think your software is great! and I’m very impressed overall - keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your comment and for your suggestions. We have some of them in our todo list so be patient and look forward to the next updates :slight_smile:

Hello my name is Louis and I am a happy paying customer of eM Client. One request I would like to make is for the calendar. Is it possible to add more customization with the views, ie: a 2-week view, a 3-week view, etc? Also for the month view, for users to be able to see a drop-down box for days where multiple items are listed. Right now, there is just an arrow that signifies that you have multiple items, but if you want to drag items over to other days, this can be tricky. Thanks.

Thank you - we will consider it.