Either there is no default mail client or the current client cannot fulfill the messaging request...

When i make the setup for mail program EM Client as default mail program on windows 8.1 Pro 64 BITS i receive the below message:

“Either there is no default mail client or the current client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client”

I want to inform you that Em Client is my default program for sending/receiving mails. If i make the setup of Outlook 2013 as default program i can send / receive mails, but with em Client i cannot do it, even if it is chose as default mail program. This thing is happening when i choose to send files through SEND TO MAIL RECIPIENT.

How i can resolve to access Em Client through SEND TO MAIL RECIPIENT? 

Waiting your kindly reply.

Best regards!

Hi Nicoleta, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About? Do you have .NET framework 2 or 3 installed on your computer, can you please check if you do under the list of installed programs in Control Panel?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul, I also have the same issue. My version of the app is 6.0.21372.0 and I don’t have .net framework installed on my computer.
What shall I do?
Thanks in advance

Cheikh

Without .NET framework being a part of your Windows installation, eM Client can not be run, .NET installation is one of the requirements in order to have the application working properly on your computer.

Regards,
Paul

I have checked my system and it turns out that I have it in my system. The problem is still here tho…
Do you have other solutions that you can propose. I mean the main issue is to be able to send a mail from Excel or Word. I get error messages like the topic of this thread…

eM Client support sending messages from system features using sMAPI, try to submit a file from your Windows Explorer by right clicking any of your documents and selecting “Send to > Mail Recipient”. If this feature is able to open the application, the issue is most likely held within another system feature.

If you’re unable to attach a file from your windows explorer to eM Client by using the send to mail recipient feature, you may be missing some system components on your computer, thus make sure you have both .NET 4 and 3.5 available on your computer.

If you’re using windows 8, try to follow these instructions on how to activate it http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2785188 .

Paul,

You are simply the best ! it works perfectly now !

Thanks a ton for your help !

Cheers!

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

I sure will ! 

Thanks again.