Duplicates found and fixed w/DeDuplicator

I want to congratulate EMClient once again on product quality.

I did a controlled shutdown of Windows without first closing EM Client and when I rebooted and restarted EMClient it checked for database corruption and the other scan and then when it opened I had a couple hundred emails in a number of folders that were duplicates AND unread.

After a bit of research I found the DeDuplicator, ran it, and all problems were solved!
The reason I praise the product quality is that - not only does Thunderbird NOT have this feature but when you write to them about it you are told that you have use the product incorrectly and that it’s your fault.

So thanks.

That said I would like some insight. In the Linux/RFC world, an Email Box is a long list of messages all in a big pile with each message starting with a line “From:” and from this every different app makes it’s own index. So my question (idle curiosity) is how the index got corrupted in what is obviously a ‘known’ manner?

So my question (idle curiosity) is how the index got corrupted in what is obviously a ‘known’ manner?

You got a corruption “due to the SQL mail database was still open” when you shutdown. eM Client running the automatic repair on startup usually will then get your mail back to how it was before, but nothing is 100% full proof.

So best option in future “if you inadvertently do that again” is to make regular either automatic periodic backups or regular manual backups which you can then quickly restore if needed.

eM Client creates dated backup.zip files by default in your profile “Documents / eM Client” folder.

To setup automatic periodic backups, go to “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” (Pc) or “eM Client / Preferences / General / Backup” (Mac).

To manually backup eM Client, click “Menu / Backup” (Pc), or “File / Backup” (Mac). You can see when the backup is complete in Show Operations via the dropdown on the right of Refresh at the top left of eM Client.