Duplicate emails after moving emails

I have just been moving emails out of my inbox and sent folders using the search function to locate the emails which needed moving. I then right clicked and selected “Move to folder” to select the destination folder. Although the emails would then disappear from the source folder, on performing further searches they kept reappearing. Now I see I have several duplicates in several folders. 
Please note that at no time did I select “Copy to folder”. Indeed I would see the emails disappear from the source folder after right clicking and selecting the move option. In some folders I now have as many as 4 duplicates. I have been performing these move operations for about an hour so this has occurred in many folders. 

How can I easily get rid of all the duplicates and prevent this from happening in the future?

Hi David, what mail service provider are you using?
Are you able to replicate this issue? What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

pop3 is pop.gmail.com and smtp is smtp.idnet.net. I am able to replicate this issue as this has happened on previous occasions. 6.0.20617.0

Hi again David, so is this a GMail account? I hope you won’t mind me asking why are you using POP account instead of an IMAP account?
IMAP account synchronizes all your folders and keeps your client and server in sync, POP account only downloads new unread email and saves them locally.

Thank you,
Paul.

I seem to recall trying IMAP because as you say it has better synchronisation capabilities. However I discovered an issue and switched back. Unfortunately this was several months ago and I am having difficulties remembering what this issue was. Perhaps I found converting from POP to IMAP was not straightforward and I did not want to risk losing my emails.

I keep backups so perhaps the issue was more to do with time taken to perform the operation. I have thousands of emails which I have accrued over the years.

Hi again, well the initial synchronization with the application can take some time as it downloads a lot of information about your folders etc. But when the synchronization is done, everything should be much faster. There’s really not many things that POP3 protocol would handle better than IMAP.

But that’s just my opinion.

When using the “Move to folder” feature are you moving your emails into a local folder?

Thank you,
Paul.

I feel safer with POP3 because if something happens on my client which causes the local copy to be deleted, the original on the gmail web site will still be there. Whereas if they were synchronised, depending on the settings perhaps, this may not be the case.

Yes I moved emails into sub folders under “Local Folders” in the Mail navigation menu.

Hi again, sorry for my belated reply, can you please send me an email with a reference link to this forum topic to [email protected]?

Thank you,
Paul.