downloading images

How can I make it default to download all the imagens inside an email? I have to authorize everytime.

I would also be interested in this feature.

I actually figured this out. In the Settings, Mail, Privacy - you need to change privacy to “Display Unsafe Content in All Messages” (or only from contacts)

Doesn’t work for me. Still no images in my emails.

Even after you changed your privacy settings?

Hi Doug,

which version of eM Client are you using? In version 6 you can specify the following things:

* always download all images in all e-mails

* always download all images from all your contacts

(see screenshot in above reply.)

You can also select for every e-mail whether to download the images or not.

And you can select whether you want to always download all images for a specific contact.

Last 2 things you can specify by clicking on links in a received e-mail.

See screen shot:

Hi, do you still have your issue even after help from other users?

Jan

Hi, I have carried out the above instructions. But still I cannot download the images in the emails

Hi Anura, when email with images comes into your inbox, you should see two options “Download pictures” and “always download pictures from this sender”, if you use the second option, all images should be displayed for this sender in the future. This is called whitelisting the senders. You can manage the whitelist as well in Tools > Settings > Mail > Privacy.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Screenshot worth a thousand blah blahs.  Thanks!  Over at kioskea they had this option in the Read section.  Maybe google can find it here now:  “Display unsafe content in all messages.”

Hi, I am facing same issue from last few days. I am getting frustrated with this issue. I tried all above options but nothing worked. I checked “always download all images in all e-mails” save option then restart emclient and pc. and If i select second option “dowload images from contacts” then individual email shows download link like…https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1005892/eMClient-downloadpictures,2013-12-31.jpg?138…

I click always shows images from this sender but none of the option worked. No email shows images. 

Please help… I am using latest 6 version

Thanks

Hello Krishna, for succesfully setting this up you need to use the recommended option in Tools > Settings > Mail > Privacy. Using this option each time you click “Always display images for this sender”, the sender’s email address should be added to the whitelist that you can edit in the Privacy setting.

If not, please make a screenshot of the whole received message and your whitelist settings. Are you using any rules using eM Client?

If you set the option to display unsafe content for your contacts only, the option should not be displayed and remotely linked images will only be downloaded once the contact is saved in one of your contacts folders in eM Client, you can use the search to check if the contact is saved in your folders or not.

Also please check the exact release number in Help > About.

Thank you,

Hi Paul,

I am attaching screenshot for privacy setting, whitelist and email i received from email client forum. This email and all other email don’t show images…

I can give you my pc control via teamviewer if that help in debugging… 

emClient version is: 6.0.22344.0

Thanks a lot…

Krishna

Hello again, does this occur with other emails as well? I’m afraid that this might really mean the image is missing, I’m having the same issue with the forum emails, but unfortunately this system isn’t under our development or administration so we’re unable to resolve this issue I’m afraid.

Regards,

This is happening with all emails on my inbox. Images not missing because those emails are showing images fine on gmail web.  

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to download these images?

If so, please try to temporarily disable these elements and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,

Hi, I am using windows 8 defender only. Surprisingly, from yesterday images start appearing again without any change on system setting or emclient setting… 

Thank you so much for looking solution for me…

Krishna

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across this or any other issues or questions about eM Client, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,

Wow, this is honestly one of my biggest pet peaves with eM Client and I had no idea that there was an option to do this!  Thanks for sharing the details here!

Have eM Client v6.  How do I get those annoying red x’s replaced with the graphics in the received emails.  I tired Settings, Mail, Privacy, Display Unsafe Content.  That did not help.  Do not get the message to always download images in the future.  Anti-virus email scanner is turned off