downloaded mails timeline

Dear eM Client Team
Why the downloaded messages are ordered in my client by the time they were downloaded?
Can’t it be set to show as they are received on the server?

to explain - if I do not open the client for few days - mails are stored on the server - but when i open the client and download the new messages - they are shown as i receive them at the moment even if they are few days old.

BR

Hello Martin, messages in the list on the left pane, should automatically be sorted based on the received date on the server, are you using the sort by received (newest) option in eM Client? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the release number of eM Client in Help > About?

Thank you,

Hi Paul
Yes it is: “Sorted by Received” = “Newest”.
Version: 6.0.22344.0
I have just downloaded mails locally on my laptop and all are 23:00h.

Hello Martin, are you using an IMAP account with em Client or what mail service are you using to download new items from the server?

Regards,

Hi 
I am using POP3 

Hello Martin, note that there’s a difference between the protocols, as POP3 protocol only downloads new mail in selected period, eM Client also displays both the server received date as well as the application received date, since you’re using POP3 the application received date may be shown based on the batch you’ve received the items in.

Regards,

I went on holiday from 24.07 when i set OoO message on the mail server. i think that since than mails are shown at the time that are downloaded - previously it was not the case