Download Pictures all the time after selecting Download option once for that sender

Have the option to not only chose ‘Download Pictures’ but to mark the email to always download pictures for that sender only,like gMail does.

I agree with it. All other email clients have sach feature (Opera, Postbox, etc.)

I agree, rather than as well as a “Download Pictures” button there should be an “Add to Safe Senders” button.

And then an option in settings to edit the safe senders list.

I agree… This is a good idea. However, it should be qualified as a “safe” sender. Suggestion is to qualify downloading pictures with an entry in "contacts’. Flag in contacts will determine if sender is a safe sender. If sender is not in Contacts, then it will be a manual selection.

This can already be done by adding a contact to the contacts list and then selecting “Display unsafe content in messages from the contact list”.

I receive many emails which I want to read but do not want to reply to, so adding all of these to the contacts list would give an extremely long contacts list.

This would make it difficult to manage and select contacts that I actually would want to contact.

It needs a separate editable safe senders list.

" John Smith
John Smith 3 hours ago
This can already be done by adding a contact to the contacts list and then selecting “Display unsafe content in messages from the contact list”.

The suggestion was to qualify existing contacts, not adding every email to contacts. The flag to received unsafe content is a global flag and I do not want to receive pictures from all, thus the selective flag suggestion in my Contacts,

[The suggestion was to qualify existing contacts, not adding every email to contacts. The flag to received unsafe content is a global flag and I do not want to receive pictures from all, thus the selective flag suggestion in my Contacts]

Ok, but that means you can only receive unsafe content from a subset of the contacts list.

I want to be able to selectively receive unsafe content from mail not in my contacts list, as in many other email clients.

A editable safe senders list solves this problem.

A “white list” is more a browser term than an email term, IMHO, I have defined contacts as Approved Family, Vendors, etc and want to receive content from them. Just because i receive an email from someone does not mean that i want to unilaterally accept any content it has in it. I have to trust the sender. I think we are both saying the same thing but in different construct…:-o)

Either way, regardless of symantics there needs to be some way to automate the downloading of pictures via some selection. No one option is going to please everyone, but I do like the GMail-like option that you can either show images or always show images - regardless of whether the send is in your contact list or not. That option in my opinion would pretty much cover all bases. This type of feature is long overdue.

I agree. However, consider this, and i speak from experience unfortunately…Downloading graphics,(pictures, etc) can be destructive. Virus, Trojans etc can and are being attached to photos and graphics so that when viewed, your are infected. It happened to me and my Antivirus software did not catch it. Totally took my system down and I was presented with an option to pay ransom or remain down. I had to wipe the system and start over…not fun.

i would rather have a list of certified contacts that send pics, etc than accept them unconditionally. If not each contact, then global the custom contact list with the option to allow or not…Some control is needed…:-o)

Hello, Kyle I think you dont get the idea - it’s clear that HTML content can be dangerous - thats why it is not displayed by default.

But also there should be QUICK option to enable HTML content from certain sender without need to insert him in Contacts.

For example Im receiving regular emails from my favorite eshops - it’s safe content and without pictures it’s pretty useless so I want those emails to display with all HTML content. But i dont want those sender addresses to clutter my Contacts.

Some simple option “Always allow for this sender” when Im clicking at “Download pictures” in email message would be sufficient. All other clients can do that, It’s pretty annoying to click “Download pictures” every time I receive email.

Absolutely there needs to be a button to allow downloads from safe senders you know. It’s TRULY disgusting to do this on EVERY piece of e-mail you get. Especially, when you receive a TON of e-mail. You got to MOVE this faster or this simple feature will make this app uninstalled. EVERYTHING else is FANTASTIC!