download full message and not just headers

I am trial using eM Client to see how it performs. Currently it does not appear to be downloading the whole mail and attachments until I click on the header. It appears as though only the header is downloading to start off. I would like the whole message and attachments to be downloaded as I am often mobile and sometimes need to work off line. How do I set all my emails to download fully with attachments?

Hello Bill,
as you say by default the application downloads only headers of your message, in order to download all messages with attachments for offline use, make sure to enable the option in your account settings. Check the option “Download messages for offline use” and “including attachments” if you want to keep the whole message content for offline use.

Regards,

Ah! It was in accounts and not in settings! Thank you.

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,

It does not work for me. Both boxes are checked and it takes forever to download some messages. I’m to the point of regretting the $50 I spent and am beginning to look for other options. I’m running Windows 10 and version 7.1.33101.0 of eM Client. :frowning:

It shouldn’t take that long to download messages.  With me, the download is almost instantaneous-- at least for the message body.  Large attachments can slow down the download so I have that option unchecked.

Is there something in common with the slow messages?  Lot’s of graphics, etc?

Also, you might want to upgrade to the latest version (7.2.33997.0) at https://emclient.com/release-history.

The 7.2 version uses the same license as 7.1

Thanks Jay… but it didn’t solve the problem. I think I’ll be moving on to another email program. :frowning:
I just can’t believe anyone would design a program to operate in such a manner.

I understand.  The interesting thing is it is very fast for me-- email contents, including graphics download almost instantaneously.  What email provider do you use?

Also, maybe your database has a problem.  you might try deleting the account and re-adding it.

I use COX with a high speed (100 Mbps) internet connection. It really doesn’t make sense why it is fast for some people and not for others.

No, it does not.  That makes me think it may have something to do with your install.  Another thing to try is to disable your AV software and see if that might be the problem.