Doesn't Install at all. Almost does nothing.

After downloading the latest setup.msi (multiple times in multiple browsers), I can not get it to install on Windows 8.1… After launching setup, I get the little rotating windows circle, it’s up there for about 3 seconds and then goes away and nothing happens. I’ve tried installing in Vista compatibility mode, XP SP3 mode, and everything I can think of, with no luck. There is no anti-virus running on my machine.

Any ideas?

Hi, can you send me an email to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic and short description of the issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

I have the same problem!

Do you happen to have MirrorFolder running? That was preventing another user to install eM Client:
https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/em_client_6_setup_msi_does_not_install

I don’t have it installed.  I’m on a nearly clean copy of Windows 8.1… Only anti-virus is Windows Defender, which I have disabled to attempt installation. 

Do you have ‘administrator’ rights?

yes.

Carlos in another topic you mentioned your installer says the file is corrupt, did you follow my advice on downloading it again?

Thank you,
Paul.

yes several times…

Can you please send me an email to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul.

Just FYI – I am also an administrator on my system (in fact the only system user) on a standalone system.