Does eMclient train Gmail Important label

eMclient exposes Gmail’s important label. that’s good.

However, I need to ask: does eMclient should train Gmail’s important label?

e.g. when I removed the Important label from a message in eMclient, colored yellow etc. by eMclient, does that inform Gmail so that Gmail’s AI is less likely to classify similar messages as important in the future? And conversely, if I apply the Important label in eMclient, does it inform Gmail so that similar messages are more likely to be classified important in the future?

Doing this operation in Gmail itself change the AI/ML/neural net that applies the Important label are not. and more often than not that AI works, after a few times, and I stop getting bothered by email that I think is unimportant being labeled important.

But since I started using eMclient it seems to me that no matter how often I manually remove the Important label on a message in eMclient, such messages continue to be labeled by Google’s AI.

Note: I’m not asking eMclient to provide such AI.

I’m just asking whether others have observed such lack of training of the Gmail important label when accessed through eMclient.

if there is a Gmail API to manipulate the Important label and training, I would hope that eMclient is using it.

but I can imagine that this may not be eMclient’s fault, e.g. that Gmail trains its classifier when accessed through the Gmail web interface, but doesn’t train it when the Important label is added or removed via a noninteractive API from a separate mail reader like eMclient.

that would be unfortunate. Gmail’s Important label sometimes caught things up my own filters did not. But since it doess not seem to be trained when I’m using eMclient, it has become much less useful.

However, I need to ask: does eMclient should train Gmail’s important label?

As far as aware, eM Client with a Gmail IMAP account basically “just mirrors / reflects” the important tag you see on some inbox emails.

As you say its some “Google AI” that determines if the email is important tag “when it arrives at the Gmail cloud mailbox end” and mail clients normally cannot train / program that directly.

Actually, as I said in the Gmail web interface it is strongly suggested that when you set or clear the Important tag it is actually training the “Google AI”. What I am asking is whether setting or clearing the important tag via other email clients such as eMclient does the same thing. I don’t think you would actually have any special API calls to do so, but you might’ve figured out whether it is working or not.

What I am asking is whether setting or clearing the important tag via other email clients such as eMclient does the same thing

If you are correct in saying removing the important tag from a message in Gmail online trains Gmail to not tag that as important in future, then removing it in eM Client would be therorectically be exactly the same, as eM Client using an IMAP Gmail account syncs the inbox “exactly the same”.

If however removing the important tag in Gmail online or in eM Client doesn’t not fix it in future, then you have to talk to Google who program that AI which determines what is & what isn’t.