Does emClient have auto-correct and auto capitalisation options which I can turn on? I've used them in Outlook and do miss them.

Because i regularly use certain names, titles and phrases I’d put in some auto-correct options in Outlook which took care of replacing my short hand with the full words. This doesn’t happen in eMClient and I haven’t been able to find an option for it anywhere.

Auto-capitalisation is another option in Outlook which I miss in eMClient

Am I missing the facility or is it something I can recommend for a future update?

I can recommend ‘ActiveWords’ to automatically expand text (in all Windows programs, not only in eM Client).

http://www.activewords.com/

Hi Hans,
Thank you for your reply.
Never heard of this program so I’ll download it and give it a try.
Looked at what the website said about it which sounds what I’m looking for.
Cost is a bit heavy for a one off but balance that off with its licencing then it’s reasonable.

Hi,
you can turn on spell check in Tools > Settings > General > Spell Checker and Auto Capitalization in Tools > Settings > Mail Compose.
However you can only turn on Auto Capitalization for the first letter in sentence.

Paul.

I checked out active words and the free copy limited me to 25 words. The full version cost $50 USD. So do i spent the money on your app or theirs?

emClient has limited auto-capitalisation and no auto-correct that I’ve been able to find. It is not in the same league as Outlook in this regards. Like Hans I resorted to ActiveWords which covers a lot of the auto-correct ability found in Microsoft products. Advantage is that it is system wide and any product - including Microsoft products - now benefit from auto-correct. Downside is I needed to turn off auto-correct in Microsoft products  - where supported - as I could end up with multiple auto-corrections as both programs examine a trigger word. Also, sometimes I have to de-activate ActiveWords as it is very efficient and changes words I don’t want changed. I bought the licence for ActiveWord as well. Yes, it is expensive for one computer but I have it installed on all my computers which, to me, made it a reasonable price.