Does eM Client work with Outlook.com (Microsoft) Two-Step Authentication, similar to GMail?

Looking to set up Outlook.com account with eM Client and experiencing problems with the account login credentials. The Outlook.com account is setup for Two-Step Authentication and I suspect this is the cause of the login issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hello William, unfortunately eM Client does not support two step authentication with your Hotmail/Outlook.com/Live Account. Unfortunately Microsoft only supports this for IMAP which is not currently used by eM Client as the protocol for authentication.

Using two step verification with eM Client would disable your ability to synchronise contacts and calendars, however if possible, we’d like to improve this in future releases.

Regards,

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your reply and no worries. I use eM Client primarily with my business account (Exchange Server) and my personal GMail account, both of which work fine.

I only recently discovered eM Client and it has quickly become my preferred and favorite email application! I appreciate its ease use and quick and intuitive navigation. I also like and depend on the calendar, task and backup integration. I have used various email clients for close to 20 years (starting with MS-Mail) and eM Client is one of the best. I now highly recommend eM Client to all of my friends and colleagues.

Thanks again for your input.

Kind Regards,

-Bill

Thank you for your support Bill, make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,