Diagnose SMPT and IMAP

My eM Client seems to have a problem - mail either doesn’t download or it takes a long time to appear in Em from both Gmail and Roadrunner (Time Warner).  When I go to accounts.diagnose Emsays that both IMAP and SMTP are unknown,  If I click the diagnose button, both accounts go into the green and say OK, but the OK works only for a session and then goes back to unknown.  Is there some error in my setup?  Thanks.

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About?
Are you seeing any errors from the application while synchronizing the accounts?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul:  Thanks for the reply.  The version # is 6.0.21040.0.  And yes, I do occasionally get error messages when syncing the accounts,  Usually, something like sync has failed on a particular account and the sync window stays open until I close it.  Thanks for your help.

Hi again, can you please try to update eM Client to this release and check if the issue persists, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21289/setup.msi ?

If it does, please make a screenshot of the error and when it occurs switch to the “log” tab, copy the content of the log and submit it here on the forum.

Thank you,
Paul