Detailed data columns disappear when Conversation View is turned off

Regarding EM Client V. 7

In all of my inboxes and the “All Inbox” views…all of the information columns (from, subject, dates, etc) are missing when I turn off “View Conversations”. 

When I select “Conversations in message detail only” or “Disable Conversations”, all data columns disappear and all I can get is a simple list.  EM Client seems to think I have column viewing, because when I go to “Configure columns”, it says that I have several selected in my view (which I don’t)…same thing when I go to Menu / View / Columns.  I get the usual column selection box, but those options and what I can see on the screen are two different things.  The only way I can view the data columns is with “Conversations” turned on.

I appreciate that conversation view is popular and a very requested feature, but I HATE and have trouble working with email in conversations.  I’m reverting back to version 6 in order to function.

Additional information:  Just discovered today that this issue only occurs when the Sidebar on the right is open, that’s when all columns disappear.  When I minimize the Sidebar, they are back to normal.

I have upgraded to eM Client 7.0.26356.

Same issue occurs, all data columns disappear when the Sidebar is open.

Hello Spike,
go to Tools>Setting>Mail>Read and scroll down to the Message List setting.
Either change the pixel setting for using compact layout or uncheck the option completely and check the ‘Always use single-line layout’ option instead.

Regards,
Olivia

Thank you…that did it.

Are those new settings or options? I’ve never had this occur before, and since upgrading to 7 kept all my other settings I didn’t think to look for something like that.

Hello Spike,
this setting has always been there, even in version 6. I believe why you could have experienced it now is because of the new GUI, since the column sizes could have been changed to accomodate to the new look.

Regards,
Olivia