Deleting or cancelling an invitation

I have just installed eM client  and have synced to both my wife and my gmail and google calendar accounts.  I was testing setting up calendar appointments, and then changing and/or deleting the appointment.  Having accepted an invitation (e.g. from my wife’s account), if my wife then deletes that meeting event, she is prompted to send an update to invitees.  When this is done, I receive the update, but whether I accept or decline the update, the meeting remains in my calendar.

Can someone perhaps shed some light on this?  I tried something similar, sending and then deleting an invitation to my work Exchange account, but again the original meeting remains in the calendar even after receiving an update.

Hello Saul, not completely sure what you’re referring to are you both using a Gmail account? Google has something called Smart Scheduling implemented in it’s calendar which essentially means all the planning is done by the server including sending out invites and deleting them from your calendar.

If you’re invited to an event from a Google account you should be able to see the invitation status in the sidebar under “invitations”. If the person cancels the event, it should be automatically removed from your calendar.

If you’re having issues with this, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About and submit it to us here on the forum? Are you seeing any errors during sync with your calendar server? If so, can you please make a screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul