deleted emails return Google Apps Email

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed em client and connected it to my google apps email account easily. However, I just realized that all the messages that I had deleted or moved from the Inbox returned. Is there an IMAP setting to adjust for this? Regards, Michael

Hello,

Have you really deleted them and moved on your Gmail’s web interface? EM client just shows what it downloads from server.

please check in Gmail’s web interface if your emails are really deleted and/or moved.

regards
Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. I deleted them from EM Client, and they were gone from the Inbox, but re-appeared after both on EM Client and online.

Regards,

Michael

Hello,

Do you have any rules set up? Sometimes some users setup rules that interfere with things which they were not originally meant to.

If not then please send me IMAP logs, Tools - settings - advanced, mark off IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Follow same steps that leads to your issue after this send me created logs to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

and cancel that IMAP log recording (after all this) or it will created very big files.

regards
Jan

Hi Jan,

Not sure what changed, but the behavior stopped, so I am OK with this now. Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Michael

Hello,

sometimes server might be slow when synchronizing, this could be reason why it is working now.

If it will happen again don’t hesitate following my previous post directly.

regards
Jan

Hi Jan, I will. Thank you again for your support. Regards, M

Hello,

you’re welcome :slight_smile:

regards
Jan