Delete trash on program exit.

Hi Nick,

Firstly, I am just a user, so all my comments here are just what I “feel” is happening.

I bumped into emClient about 3 years ago and as far as I can see it is the best Windows IMAP client. Much better that the alternatives I tested: Microsoft (free and paid), Mozilla, . The Google Mail integration is very good, Google Contacts integration is also good unless you use some of the more obscure Google contact tags (I remember seeing a forum message about it). The basics are there and they are right! Also the few bugs I have raised a ticket about have been sorted.

That being said from my point of view there is a lot of functionality missing. It is progressing but it is still quite a new product.

From what I have seen over the last few years, development seems to be a mix between where they want to take their product and the best requests from the forum and support sites, which is reasonable.

The metric for measuring “best requests” seems to be popularity, so if 1000 people say they want more smilies and 10 say they want automatic trash emptying you can guess what is going to get done 8-).

Personally, with a few niggles and workarounds it does all I need it to do, even if it doesn’t do all I want it to do, and I’m satisfied that it is alive and moving forward.

HTH.

I agree, what eM Client does, it does right. I am using 3 IMAP email accounts, a gmail account, plus gmail contacts, tasks and calendar. I’ve now got em Client on my desktop and K-9 Mail on my Android, and everything joins up perfectly. It’s a huge improvement on using local data with Outlook and syncing everything in the background.

I am testing this software as a replacement for outlook. I cannot find the “delete trash on exit” feature in v.5 so I assume it’s still not available?

Hello,

this feature WILL be released in 6th version of eM Client in about month/few weeks.

with regards
Jan

I’d like to add my voice to this call too. I purchased the full version and see this as a crucial feature that will prevent me wasting a long time manually emptying each junk folder on a regular basis. I perceive it as a problem because I need it fully deleted so that it is also removed from my phone.

Hopefully if they fix this they will put up the fix on this page.

Meanwhile: I’ve a semi-fix that I’m now using… (1) I make sure that I’m in the “All Inboxes” section of the “Smart Folders”. (2) Then if I select the drop-down menu “Actions” then select “Empty Trash” it empties the trash of all the accounts at the same time.

I’m kind of OK with this but would really like a feature that means it deletes properly when I hit delete instead!

Hope that helps some people.