Delete Mails like with eM Client 6

I just switched over from eM Client 6 to 7 and noticed that every Mail I now delete from my Inbox is now only marked as “Trash” but still stays in my Inbox and is not completly deleted like in eM Client 6.
Is there any option to change that behavior back to how it was in eM Client 6 ?

I use a Gmail Account together with the Windows Client if these information help solving the Problem.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Hello Christopher,
I am having trouble replicating your issue as both the right-click>Delete option and Delete button shortcut work for me correctly.
Have you perhaps changed the Delete shortcut setting?
Are you running the final version of eM Client 7? Please check the exact version number in Help>About section.

Regards,
Olivia

I am running Version 7.0.26482.0, i think thats the final version. All shortcuts in eM Client are set to default so thats not the problem. I also get the “Do you really want to delete this mail” pop-up window everytime i use the kontextmenue or the Delete-Key, but when i click on yes it only adds a category called “Trash” to the mail, but the mail is not deleted. I also tried to reconnect my gmail account, but this changed nothing :confused:

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

Hello Christopher,
please go to Menu>Tools>Settings>Advanced section and set IMAP logging for your gmail account.
Restart eM Client.
Try to delete a message. When it fails, go to the Advanced settings and click Send logs.
Change the recipient to [email protected] with a link to this forum topic.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Christopher,
I checked the logs and seems like the issue is that the Trash folder is not synchronized with Google servers.
Please go to your Gmail settings in the web interface and go to Labels.
For Trash make sure the option to ‘Show in IMAP’ is checked.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia,
thank you very much !! That solved my problem :slight_smile:
This support is one of the few that deserves its name !

Best regards,
Christopher

Hello Christopher,
glad to hear everything is in order now, thank you for letting us know :slight_smile:

Regards,
Olivia