Delete email on phone and still appear on eM Cleint

I delete emails from my iPhone and delete the trash, but when I log onto em client the emails are still there in my inbox and they are unread, why? I have uninstalled and restalled several times and still does it.

If your account in eM Client is setup as POP3 then the messages will not reflect the status of messages on your phone.

To check what you are using go to Menu > Tools > Accounts. If your account is setup as POP3 it will look like this:

What should the correct setup be for gmail? I just used the wizard and selected google to setup the email. It was working fine up until last week.

If it is setup as POP3, that is a correct setup, but just one of two options. Usually eM Client will setup GMail as IMAP if you use the Automatic Setup.

IMAP will give you a synced version of what is on the server, so whatever you change on your phone will also change in eM Client.

If the account is setup as IMAP, the account settings will look something like this:

it is setup as an IMAP, what else could it be

I check the syncro and found error message. It states “[IMAP] An attempt to connect to (my email address) failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect setting. Do you want to check settings”  

What are the correct settings ie server/port etc?

For IMAP use port 993 and security policy should be Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)