Delete deletes full inbox

I have a Google account accessed by IMAP protocol. A number of times now I have answered an email and then clicked on the Delete icon…

Voila, no questions asked, the full inbox (except for flagged emails) disappear. GONE.

They do show in the All Mail folder (not in Trash). This is echoed on Gmail web - so it’s happening on the server - reflected on phone and another computer.

HELP - this is distressing… I have to find them all in the All Mail and move them back to Inbox, but this involves a lot of guessing what was there in first place.

Hi Ross, what version of eM Client are you currently using.
I’m afraid there’s no way of undoing this except manually moving the emails back to inbox.

Are you able to replicate this issue, we can’t be sure what caused this without any log data etc. If you could replicate this issue, please go to tools > settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP logging while this issue occurs.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Thanks Paul. I can’t replicate it. It just happens at whim. So I’ve turned on logging so that next time (hopefully never!) it happens, I’ll have the log.

Hi great, thank you for the update, I don’t recommend having the logging on for too long, since the logs can take up a lot of space if they’re running for too long. Hopefully the issue won’t reoccur, but if you come across this or any other issues let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul, I have sent an email with a log of the last day or so, and hopefully including the latest bomb. Thanks for the clue on not leaving logging on for too long. I’ve turned it off for the time being.

Ross

Hi Ross, I have not received an email from your I’m afradi, did you send it to [email protected]?
Did the issue occur again at the time you had the logs on?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi again, sorry just received the logs from my colleague from the tech support, I’ve submitted them to the developers and I’ll keep you posted once I have more information about the issue.

Thank you,
Paul.