Delegated Calendar and Email access to Office 365

Does eM support access to delegated email and calendars in Office 365?  Outlook has some terrible performance and reliability issues with this and we are desperate for an alternative.

Hi Rob,
eM Client does support Delegation for Office 365 and other Exchange accounts. It can be set up in ‘Tools > Accounts > Mail,Calendar,Contacts’ tab of your account under ‘Delegation’.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks - when I go in there I don’t get any mail files listed.  I have access to everyone’s mail so would expect to see them all.  Additionally, all our users can see each others’ calendars (but not email) - will that work in eM?

Looks really promising but I need to get these features working:)

Ah, I think I’ve got it - I was able to add someone to the delegation access list, then I was able to add their calendar and email separately - is that what I should be seeing?

Hi Rob,
yes, sounds like you got it working correctly, it’s separated in case you wanted to access calendars or email only.

Regards,
Olivia

Actually, whilst it separates the calendar and mail options, unfortunately adding the calendar still adds the mail (which it then proceeds to try to download, with predictable space and performance impact)

Hi Rob,
I see, sorry for the confusion, maybe I was wrong on this… does the same happen if you try to share the calendar in the Calendar section on the left menu? You can right click the account and choose delegation on the drop down menu. Does this also try to synchronize Mail or just the calendars?

Regards,
Olivia