Delayed Sending

Hello,

Tools - Settings - Mail - send - “Send Messages immediately”. If you cancel this option then mails will be send only when clicked on “Send and Receive” on toolbar or using “F5” shortcut.

does this solve your issue?

regards
Jan

John-
I believe that you are misunderstanding what it is that we want. Doing what you are suggesting would delay the sending off ALL of our emails until such time as we manually tell eMclient to send them. At that time, it will send ALL of our emails.

What we are looking for is the ability to create an email, and set a specific time for THAT email to be automatically sent out, without any further action on our part, while all of our other emails get sent as created.

Outlook has had this feature for quite some time now - here is their help on the topic from Outlook 2003:

Delay or schedule sending e-mail messages

If you use Microsoft Exchange Server, you can delay delivery of an individual message. Everyone can use rules to delay delivery of all messages by having them held in the Outbox for a specified time after clicking Send.

Hide/Delay delivery of a message

In the message, click Options.
Under Delivery options, select the Do not deliver before check box, and then click the delivery date and time you want.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/out…

This is the reason I stopped using EMClient - a basic feature that pretty much all other email clients have.
I am now stopping to follow this question too as it doesn’t seem like it will be resolved…

Hello,

this feature (send email in planned time) is under consideration.

regards
Jan

I have a few of our users testing Em Client and I have been asked about whether the scheduled send of emails is possible in this mail client as they are used to having this feature. You have to wonder about how many people test your software find it lacking in some common features that they are used to having and walk away without you ever knowing the reason why. Hopefully we will see it sooner than later. Another complaint is not being able to delete attachments from emails to save space, again a feature they are used to having but that’s another topic altogether.

Since this request is well over a year old, do you have a time frame for the current “consideration” process?

Hello,

it is offtopic but “delete attachments” is planned for version six as it is already in TODO list.

regards
Jan

Send later or delay send message feature is possible?
Any idea when?

Sorry, it is not still possible - we plan to implement this feature into one of the version 6 updates.

Can you give us an estimate of when this update will be released?

I regret, but there is no exact time frame for that.

I’ve got several clients who would probably pay for your software if it had a “send later” feature. About 30 users in total, but if my trial goes well, I’d be recommending this email program to all our clients, probably about 300 users.

I’ve just started a trial and am incredibly impressed with it. I’m just really very annoyed that I hadn’t come across your software before!!

Hello,

I have replied here to you https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

please post same issue or request only in one topic, it helps to make forum clear for other users.

with regards
Jan

I have tried to use Gmail delay send in order to achieve this capability. Unfortunately and since emclient is not using the labels in a similar way Gmail is not the solution. Therefore emclient should offer somehow offer a way out here. I am a paying customer and support entirely the emclient project and this seems to me kind of a standard feature that would make this great product even more competitive! Maybe on version 6? Cheers

Please vote for Delayed Send here: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

Please vote for Delayed Send here: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

Agree.  Important feature. If I knew EM didn’t have this, I would have selected another email client,

There are several EM forum posts on Delay Sending Emails, some with various ways to do this.  Here’s how to make it work:

1. Tools > Settings > General: click on General.  Set Synchronization to, say, 5 minutes.
  2. Tools > Settings > Mail > Send: Uncheck “Send Messages Immediately”
  3. At this point, EM will only send mails every 5 minutes unless you click the “Refresh” button at which time it will send immediately.
  4. These “delayed” messages will NOT show up in your Outbox…this is what was throwing me for a loop.  Seems odd, but EM sticks them in your Local Outbox. (Found this in the forum.)  
  5. To see your local folders:Tools > Settings > General: click on General. Check “Show Local Folders”. 
  6. After “sending” your composed email, a number (i.e. “1”) will show how many unsent messages are in your Outbox.
    Its a shame that EM doesn’t have better instructions.  I have spent a LOT of time researching this and had a lot of frustration over this feature.  However, once setup like above, this function works exactly like I want it too with the exception that the unsent message is not stored on my email server’s Outbox.

It’s actually easier than that. Don’t change any settings, just create a new mail, click on the down arrow in the Send button and select “Delayed send…”, set the time you want it to go and you are done.