Delayed Send Feature in Email

When are we going to see the delayed send feature working in eM Client?  

As a work around, uses of eM client can use LetterMeLater.com, but the solution isn’t as elegant as having a delayed send button added to eM client.  As you know, other mail clients have this feature and it is absolutely needed in eM client.

Hi Ed, as you might have found mentioned in other topics regarding this feature here on the forum, the feature is currently in development and should be included in future releases of the application, though no exact date has been set yet.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Thank you, Paul.

I’m a real fan of eM Client.  For me it’s a good solution.  I loved Outlook, but it kept slowing down despite my efforts to break my email files into separate .pst files.  I’m pleased with how eM is working and think the feature set is very good.  I’m looking forward to new improvements like the delayed send feature.

Ed

I hope we have something exciting in works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other questions or issues with the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Is this feature there in the meantime? thx

Michel

Hello Michel,
this option is available in the version 7 BETA already, inside the message window go to Menu>Message>Delayed send…

Regards,
Olivia

There are several EM forum posts on Delay Sending Emails, some with various ways to do this.  Here’s how to make it work:

1. Tools > Settings > General: click on General.  Set Synchronization to, say, 5 minutes.
  2. Tools > Settings > Mail > Send: Uncheck “Send Messages Immediately”
  3. At this point, EM will only send mails every 5 minutes unless you click the “Refresh” button at which time it will send immediately.
  4. These “delayed” messages will NOT show up in your Outbox…this is what was throwing me for a loop.  Seems odd, but EM sticks them in your Local Outbox. (Found this in the forum.)  
  5. To see your local folders:Tools > Settings > General: click on General. Check “Show Local Folders”. 
  6. After “sending” your composed email, a number (i.e. “1”) will show how many unsent messages are in your Outbox.
    Its a shame that EM doesn’t have better instructions.  I have spent a LOT of time researching this and had a lot of frustration over this feature.  However, once setup like above, this function works exactly like I want it too with the exception that the unsent message is not stored on my email server’s Outbox.