Default email

I have office 2013 installed and have emclient as my default email. She I go to send an email from a website link it automatically defaults to outlook. Outlook still uses 7 defaults that I cannot untick. An solutions?

Hello Michelle,

This is a common issue of Microsoft Windows that it prefers setting their software as default.
To solve this, in Windows settings go to Set Default Programs window, choose eM Client from the list and Set this program as default.
I hope this solved your issue.

Regards,
Russel

I am running Windows 10 Creator. This is how I set eM Client as the  default. Go to settings then Apps then Default apps – set eM Client as your default then scroll down to the bottom of that page and select Set default by apps. When that windows comes up scroll down to select eM Client then select the option to set this program as default. Hope this solves your problem.

Hello
I made this configuration but I still have a default outlook.

Open Control Panel.
Go to Programs > Default Programs > Set your default programs.

Click on eM Client. Choose Choose defaults for this program.

Choose Select All.

Gary,
I am running Win10 and have the same problem as Dan. I cannot get eM c to be the default program I have done every step suggested without success.Please help’ Richard Coombs

After choosing Select All above, did you click Save?

Also in Control Panel > Programs > Default Applications > Associate a file type … if you scroll down to MAILTO, is eM Client selected?

Did you try through the Windows 10 Settings > System > Default Apps?

Hi, when I click on the “Set your default programs” it doesn’t open the list of programs ,it opens the Windows 10 Settings>System>DefaultApps (cogwheel). There I already have eM Client as default, but it does not work. Please help

Scroll to the bottom of that page and select Set default by app.Then you will get a list of programs and can select eM Client as above and Choose defaults for this app.

When I select “Set default by app” . I get a list of apps(it is another screen than above). When I select eM Client, there is “Manage” button. After clicking on it, I get File type and protocol and there I already have selected eM Client as default for all types(.eml,.ics,.msg,.vcf,MAILTO). I can’t get the screen shown above in this thread at all.  

What version of Windows are you using Oldřich?

Windows 10 Home (version 1709) 64-bit

Can you try WinKey + R

Then type in control /name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms /page pageDefaultProgram

That should bring up the same page as above

It is working. Thank you very much, I’m very grateful. 
Best regards
Olda