Date stamp on imported emails from Outlook

I imported thousands of emails in multiple folders. The emails came from Outlook 2007 when my account was POP. I am now using IMAP through GoDaddy. All the emails are in the specified folders, but the way they are ordered is by the date/time the import happened, not the original date on the emails.

If I click on each email, it shows the correct date when the email was received. But when I click on that folder and it is supposed to show the newest emails at the top, there is no real order since all of the dates/times are within seconds of each other. And since I imported them today, the date is today.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Ryan,
unfortunately this is a known issue with some Outlook imports. Could you please specify which import did you use exactly? Did you Import the PST file, separate eml files or did you let eM client automatically find the folders? This will help us in locating the problem and hopefully fixing the import.

Regards,
Olivia

I imported the PST file I believe, but I only selected the folders I wanted to import. I had this problem with double emails so I deleted all of those folders and I imported just the folders I wanted. The emails are in the folders and they are fine except for the date stamps are new and not the original dates.

Hello Ryan,
thank you for specifying this, I’ll forward this info to our developers and hopefully we’ll manage to fix the PST import in the future.
However, it is not possible to change the dates now, we are sorry for the inconvenience.
Do you still have Outlook installed with those data, to try a different kind of Outlook import that might keep the creation date intact?

Regards,
Olivia

Any feedback on this issue? I’ve got the same problem. It makes migrating to EM CLIENT almost impossible.