Database varification and repairing failed

I seem to be having a few problems getting eM to work correctly. Here is my latest one.

I keep getting the following error message: (even though I did close it correctly!)

eM Client was not closed correctly last time. To Ensure your data is safe several checks need to be preformed. etc…
Database varification and repairing failed. Please contact the support team,etc…

Then i can’t use your supoport@ link because the following message box comes up:
Communication with previous instance failed. The other instance has to be ended in order to start the application.

Only there is no other instance of the program being opened.

Can anyone give me a hand to sort this out? Please bear in mind, i’m pretty hopless on a computer and explain things simply for me. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hello,

1. Update eM Client to the newest version through menu Help->Check for Update or from http://www.emclient.com/dist/latest/s… .

2. Backup the file “mail_fti.dat” in C:\Users[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (on Windows Vista/Windows 7) or C:\Documents and Settings[your user name]\Application Data\eM Client .

3. Run “C:\Program Files\eM Client\DbRepair.exe” /rebuildfts
    or alternatively, if you use 64-bit system:
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\DbRepair.exe” /rebuildfts .

Regards