Database Corruption

How do I get em Client to repair this error and start? I kind of need my email.

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: Attempt to write a read-only database
attempt to write a readonly database
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
at DbRepair.DbTools.OpenConnection(String fileName)
at DbRepair.Form1.CheckCorruption()
at DbRepair.Form1.Check(Object state)

Are you using any backup software? This usually happens when the database is accessed by a different program.

with regards
Jan

John,

Yes I am using backup software and I do need backups. How can I get around this problem?

Eric

if you can configure your backup software to not touch eM Client database folder than this issue will be solved.

eM Client has it’s own backup tool which you can use.

Just question more, does this error message comes up everytime or only when backup tool is turned on?

with regards
Jan

John,

Ok I took em Client off the list.

Can I schedule backups using emClient?

This error appears sporadically. I got emClient to work by turning my computer off then back on.

I’ll get back with you on this. I really prefer to have my backups in one place and to have a daily automatic backup.

What other way is there around this problem?

Thanks for your prompt replies.

Eric

you can schedule eM Client backup like this - in start menu write into search field “Task Scheduler” when it will come up, click on Task scheduler Library and in central window (top) there will be under name column “eM Client database backup” double click on it, go to Triggers tab and edit line with backup schedule.

Unfortunately there is no other way around this, eM Client will not allow access to database when it is in use to prevent corruption by design.

with regards
Jan