Database check tool reporting error - EMClient will not load

Is there anyway to recover from this - or do I have to re-install emClient?

Error report:
System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): database disk image is malformed
database disk image is malformed
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DataStore.GetConnection(String relativeName)
   at DbRepair.CorruptionChecker.CheckCorruption()
   at DbRepair.FormCheck.Check(Object state)

I’m with same problem ! :  

any idea ? 

I have a similar problem on version 7.0.27943.0

• at startup it says :“eM client was not closed correctly the last time… database check”

• i can see it is deleting a bunch of files in my default email folder

• it runs a long time checking mail_data.dat (4gb)

• then it stops after a while and says big red “X”, database verification and repairing failed, please contact [email protected]

• reopening emClient, I can see my emails, but can send or receive any new emails. It will say “an error occurred, database image is malformed” 

Question: can I somehow move&save my important emails somewhere else on my on my computer? And then reinstall emClient from scratch and import those emails back? I tried but don’t know how to do it correctly.

Looking forward to tips how to fix this.

if you have no backup  … say bye bye to your mail data 

unfortunately  :( 

Hello,

from this error message I can see that the database is most likely corrupted.
You have to close eM Client before making any changes in the database location, proceeding without closed eM Client can cause the database corruption.
If your database is corrupted:

1. If you made any backup of eM Client’s database in the past you can simply restore it and eM Client should start working without any problems.
  2. In case you have all your data saved on servers you can simply delete the database folder and start eM Client.It will create empty database where you can set your accounts again. All your data should be pushed to eM Client automatically then.
    You can find eM Client database here:C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client

To locate AppData folder you need to view hidden folders in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/h…

I hope this helps to solve your problem.
Russel

Hi,

Thank you for your response

I managed to recover all my mail (which I had archived and was therefore no longer on the server.

1. close eMclient
  2. located my appdata eMClient folders and renamed them.  (By using ‘view hidden’ as per reply above)
  3. re-installed eMclient so it built new folders
  4. copied the old (renamed) folders of mail, templates etc across.

All seems to be ok now.  I have never managed to make back-up work as far as I can tell - I just don’t archive now.

Wow, you saved my life oppickering!!  I also had a corrupted database and potentially lost 3 years worth of work emails.  

When I contacted eM Client support they gave me the shittiest customer support answer I have ever seen in my life:  "Well, from the log it is clear that the database got corrupted by 3rd party application thus I cannot provide you with any solution, I am very sorry. "

Whaaaaaaaatttt???  So because a 3rd party application made eM Client crash you cannot help me???  Not our fault so live with it and f…ck off?

I did exactly what you described and now I have EVERYTHING back!  Such an easy solution and they can’t even be bothered to guide me in that direction…  This has got to be the shittiest mail client and shittiest company ever.  No more eM Client for me!!  It can’t cope with shutting down your computer when eM Client is still open (it will have to check and maybe repair your database next time you open it), a Windows update made eM Client crash and made my database corrupt, I read that running computer backup software while eM Client is running might make your database corrupt…  This system is just WAY to fragile for a professional environment, heck…, even for personal emails which could be just as important as work emails.

Bye bye eM Client.  I’m leaving you and I’m never looking back!!