Database Check tool error

Just cleaned a virus off my PC, but now eM Client will not open, the error message I get is:
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.Clone()
   at DbRepair.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Hello Tricia, not quite sure what error message you’re referring to as it seems to be incomplete, can you please make a screenshot of the error or copy the whole error trace/log when the error occurs and submit it to us here on forum for more information?

Are you unable to access your emails completely as the error occurs on startup of the application?

Regards,

Paul, thanks for your reply. I get the error on bootup, not even trying to open program. Then if i attempt to click on emclient i get same error message. I will do a screen capture and post shortly.

Paul, here is the error I get

Hello, do you have all system updates installed, I’m afraid this is a system issue, your .NET framework might not be up to date, however please make sure all system updates are installed and that .NET 4.5.2 is installed - you can find out what version of .NET you have installed in the list of installed programs under Control panel.

Regards,

Hi Paul, Did all system updates and uninstalled and reinstalled .NET Framework v. 4.5.2. Cleaned my system for malware, virus, etc… Still getting same error: System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.Clone()
   at DbRepair.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

If I uninstall eMClient and reinstall it will I loose my contacts, calendar, emails etc.?  From what I’ve read if I just install it over the top it will use the old files (which are probably corrupted) so that is not an option.
Any other suggestions? 
Thanks.

Hello, this is unfortunately an issue that is not directly connected to our application, thus reinstalling eM Client will not have an effect on this, please make sure all system components are up to date, most likely this might also be caused by older graphic component drivers, as an animated item can’t be animated due to an error. You should also be able to get rid of the issue by removing the database check tool that’s being run from your installation folder of your eM Client installation.

Regards,

I had a DB error and renamed the DBRepair.exe so that the emclient ould startup. It did but now the DB is really corrupt. How do I fix that?
Fred

Hi Fred,
unfortunately if your database is corrupt, you need to remove it and either start with a new database or Reload from an older backup if you made them.
Also please, rename the DBRepair.exe file back.

Regards,
Olivia