Currently eMclient is running under windows 7. I intend to install an SSD with windows 10. How do I migrate?

When the SSD is installed eMClient is still visible on my HDD. It does not run with the old data however. How can I approach these data in Windows 10?

Hello Riien,

Default location of eM Client database is: C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client.
However it can be viewed only with enabled hidden folder view.
You can import old database to new eM Client version.
To import old database go to Menu>File>Import.
Please let me know if you need any help.

Thanks Anthony,

sounds doable :).  I’ll have to wait till the weekend, then I’ll let you know!
Best,

Rien

Hi Anthony,

looks like I’ve run in trouble after all.
At teh moment, no matter what I try, the new download says eM Client does not have admission to F:, the former hard drive. I intend to reformat the hard drive, but I am not sure that will solve my problems… Even new downloads seem to be prone to this error. I would prefer a clean install of eM client, is that possible?

Hi Anthony,

I managed to open a new eM Client program. However, trying to restore the backup failed:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Kan een gedeelte van het pad C:\Users\Gebruiker\Documents\eM Client niet vinden.   bij System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   bij System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1.CommonInit()    bij System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1…ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   bij System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   bij MailClient.Storage.Backup.BackupFilesCollection.GetBackupFiles()
   bij DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   bij DbBackup.FormBackup.<mainform_load>b__27_0(Object a, DoWorkEventArgs b)
bij System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
bij System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

It seems the system erroneouslytries to install the backup at C:\Users\Gebruiker\Documents\eM Client.
That should be C:\Users\Gebruiker\appdata\roaming\eM Client.
can you help?
Thanks,

Rien</mainform_load>

Thank you for all the information Rien,

Regarding permissions to access “F:”, Clean install can be performed by removing/moving the database from default location.
The IO error can be related to the missing folder, changing the default database location back to the former directory could help(Menu>Tools>Settings>General>Storage).

Hi Anthony,

thanks for you suggestion, the resetting tool worked and my previous database was restored. However, it apparently thre away my licence, how do I restore my licence :)?
Best,

Rien

FYI: my mails now are up to date till 28 April and I am off-line …

Solved! I checked the community search option on “licence”
Thank you, you’ve got another happy customer!

Glad to hear that Rien!
Sorry for the delay, but it is good that everything sorted out.
Thank you for using eM Client.