Ctrl-Z not undeleting emails

When I move an email out of my Inbox to another folder and then press Ctrl-Z to restore it, the email disappears.  Its not in my Inbox, folder I moved it to, or the trash. How do I get the emails back?

Hi Richard,
I am having trouble replicating your issue.
What email account does this happen on? What protocol does it use?
What version of eM Client are you running?
Can you see the deleted messages on your webmail in any folder?

Regards,
Olivia

I also have this problem with my gmail. If I delete a mail, then use CTRL-Z to undelete, it is not restored to the inbox. I can see it in All Mail, but cannot determine what folder it is in.

Same here, sometimes Ctrl-Z will work when I delete an Email. But usually the Email is just gone. I can’t find it in any folders, even All Mail. 
What email account does this happen on? Gmail
What protocol does it use? Not sure
What version of eM Client are you running?  7.0.26687.0
Can you see the deleted messages on your webmail in any folder? No, it’s just totally gone.

Thanks! Please help! I have to be very careful before I delete any Email. But if I hit Delete by mistake, I’m screwed.

Hello,
this is currently a known server issue we experience with Gmail after we improved the Labels support.
Thank you for your understanding while we try to find a workaround.

Regards,
Olivia

Has there been any status update on this issue?

9 months later and issue still pending. If I delete an email and use Ctrl-Z to undelete I briefly see the email return to the Inbox but then disappears - like permanently. Can’t find it anywhere… I love eM Client but this bug is making me want to go back to Outlook.

What email account does this happen on? Gmail
What protocol does it use? IMAP
What version of eM Client are you running?  7.1.30794

I have the same problem, I lost important emails!
The problem persists