Crashing upon confirming delete in Windows 11

Hi there,

I am running Windows 11 and I am having problems with eM Client crashing upon confirmation of delete of emails. Not every time, but regularly.
Anyone else having this issue?
Any suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

viernes 17 septiembre 2021 :: 1358hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @sneakypete

If you choose to run what is a Beta version of Windows 11 your best option is
to do so on a test/spare computer and certainly not on a computer that you
expect toperform normally with 3rd party software.

When you run a Beta release you should expect problems.
Microsoft have said that they might have a STABLE release by the end of the year.

The issue is NOT with eMC

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

Thanks @skybat
Yes, I’ve had no problems with any other 3rd party software and have found Windows 11 very stable. I understand that Microsoft is rolling it out early in October, which is not so far off. So, I guess I will just have to wait and see if it is still a problem then.
Many thanks!

viernes 17 septiembre 2021 :: 1617hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @sneakypete

MICROSOFT QUOTE:
Be aware, we advise to only run Windows 11 on a PC that’s NOT your main machine, as there are plenty of small issues for now.
There’s an option to downgrade to Windows 10 if you are experiencing issues with Windows 11. This is available in the current Insider/Beta builds, but you can only do it within 10 days of upgrading your machine, otherwise a clean install has to be done in order to go back to Windows 10.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

@sneakypete, can you please contact me directly on [email protected]

As the Windows 11 compatible release is now available, if that doesn’t resolve the issue, please try the following:

Close eM Client and then open a Windows Command Prompt. Not a powershell, but a command prompt.

Paste in this command, including the " "
"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dblocation C:\em

This will start eM Client with a blank new database.
Add your email account, and then try the delete again and see if you get the same issue.
If you don’t, then it is most likely a database issue.

You can then close eM Client and start it as normal to open the previous database.
You can now delete the C:\em folder.

Or check the correct version. I used the Microsoft Store version and it is some versions behind (Microsoft is working in it / will be released soon).
When you download the version from the internet, you get the right version which is way more smooth.

But that’s just my 50 cents