Crashing, rebuilding database, moving message

I’m getting real frustrated with eM Client. It is terribly unstable. It crashes and wants to rebuild the database 2 - 6 times a day. Right now I’m trying to move a message from the inbox to one of my folders… and its been trying to do so for more than 10 minutes now. 

I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired… nothing works. Next step is to remove the database and start all over. But I have 6 email accounts which means a frustrating process downloading everything again. I’ve already deleted the database 3 times and I’m tired of the instability.

Any suggestions?

What version of eM Client are you using?

First make a backup using Menu > File > Backup.

Then what you need to do is export all your local data and settings, delete the database and start again. If your accounts are setup as IMAP or Exchange, then there is no need to export any of the messages. The same with calendars and contacts - if they are synced with a provider then there is no need to export that data. Importing that data later on will not have any effect as it will just be replaced by what is on the server.

To export your settings, so you don’t need to setup your accounts, templates etc again, go to Menu > File > Export > Export settings to xml.

Select those items you want to export.

To export local folder messages use Menu > File > Export > Export to eml. You can select whole folder trees so you will not lose your directory structure. 

The same with local calendars Menu > File > Export > Events to ics file.

And local contacts Menu > File > Export > Contacts to vcf file.

When that is done, close eM Client and rename the C:\Users_yourusername_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client folder. You may have to enable hidden items in Explorer to get there.

Restart eM Client and cancel the setup window.

Go to Menu > File > Import and import your settings, messages and contacts.

See if that makes any difference.