crashes

eM client frequently crashes at random points. For example, I deleted an email and it crashed. Opened it again, was then able to delete the email with no problem. Then read a few emails, clicked Reply, and it crashed. Launched again, was then able to reply without error. The event viewer indicates there is a problem with TitleBar.dll. Note, I did try checking the database for problems, none found. And I did rename the eM Client folder and let it rebuild/re-entered my account information, to no avail.

The following are related entries from the Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: MailClient.exe, version: 7.1.33101.0, time stamp: 0x5b47441a
Faulting module name: TitleBar.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a812aba
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x000085d9
Faulting process id: 0x2200
Faulting application start time: 0x01d426cd0df8311d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MultiScreen\TitleBar.dll
Report Id: 4c58b7ff-3515-48b5-9019-abf17a231e67
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: MailClient.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 100085D9
Stack:
   at HookLib.HookLibClass.CallNextHookEx(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at HookLib.HookLibClass.ProcessMessage(HookLib.SWH_ID, HookEventHandler, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at HookLib.HookLibClass+<>c__DisplayClass4_0.b__0(Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window)
at MailClient.Common.UI.TaskDialog.TaskDialog.Show(System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window, Boolean ByRef)

at
MailClient.UI.Controls.controlFolders.EmptyFolder(System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window,
MailClient.Storage.Application.Folder, System.String, System.String,
System.String)
at MailClient.UI.Controls.controlFolders.menuMailEmptyDeleted_Click(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(System.EventArgs, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(System.EventArgs, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef, System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)

at
System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr,
Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at MailClient.Program+<>c.b__90_1()
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(System.Object)

at
System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext,
System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at
System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext,
System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Forms.BaseForm.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at Xilium.CefGlue.Interop.libcef.run_message_loop()
at MailClient.Program.Main(System.String[])

Can you uninstall MultiScreen and see if there is any difference?

That was my thought too.  MultiScreen is from Samsung.  It looks like they have newer releases since the very old version I have, but they’ve removed the download from their site. I found a third party site with it, but I hesitate to download that - not sure how trustworthy.  For now, I have closed MultiScreen and stopped it’s related services, and have had no issues. I have emailed Samsung support to see if they have a way to download it, but not sure how far I’ll get there.

I’ll post an update in a few days (or sooner if it crashes again).

thanks

You can get version 3 direct from Samsung.

I found that link - but it just goes to a main samsung page in a foreign language. It looks like the file must have been removed / dead link,.