Crashes with exchange server

Hello,

I installed EM Client on my fathers machine so he can more easily work with his business email. We’re still trying to get it to go through an initial syncronization and we keep having the program crash on us. Here is the trace debug

eM Client (6.0.21040.0)
Windows: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0, Framework: 4.0.30319.296
The following error has occurred:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ —> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.HangingServiceRequestBase.ParseResponses(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Hi Carlo, does this crash occur after performing a specific action or does it occur on application startup?
Can you please try to install this update and check if the issue persists, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21364/setup.msi ?

If the issue persists, please copy the whole content of the displayed error and post it here on the forum.

Thank you,
Paul

Immediately at startup. I did notice his computer is on .Net framework 4 and is having long running issues getting Windows 7 service pack 1 installed.

Is there a spot to get these mirad of patch updates?

If the issue persists after the update, please copy the whole content of the displayed error and post it here on the forum.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi, not completely sure what you’re referring to, if you’re looking for update source you can check this website: http://www.emclient.com/release-history where all future and past official releases of eM Client will be shown.

Thank you,
Paul

Paul,

My response is in reference to: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21364/setup.msi
Which is more updated than anything on the release history site. 
Trying to determine how to get access to the more day to day releases.

This is an internal release unfortunately, all official releases are listed on the release history site.

Regards,
Paul

Good morning,

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I was tied up with holiday travels. They patch originally linked fixed the problem, thanks so much for posting it. Further, I finally got my dad’s computer fully updated. For reference, SP1 was installed AFTER your patch was verified as functional.

Hi again Carlo, thank you for the follow-up, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any future issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul