crash on saving attachment

I have a crash each time when I try to save attachment (Save as…) (eM Client 4.0.15145.0 on Win XP SP3). The only way that works is to use Save All Attachments command.

Please install the latest version of eM CLient 4 from here: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v4.0.163… and let me know if it helps.

Hello, thank you for a quick reply, unfortunatelly I have installed v4.0.16380 and finally v5.0.17263 and the problem still exists.

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.  
 at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetSaveFileName(OPENFILENAME\_I ofn)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.SaveFileDialog.RunFileDialog(OPENFILENAME\_I ofn)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.RunDialogOld(IntPtr hWndOwner)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.RunDialog(IntPtr hWndOwner)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)  
 at MailClient.UI.Mail.CommonOperations.SaveAttachment(IWin32Window owner, Attachment attachment)  
 at MailClient.UI.Controls.ControlHeaderAttachments.menuItemSaveAttachments\_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)  
 at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)  
 at MailClient.Program.<main>b__2()

at MailClient.ExceptionUtils.ExceptionU Action`1 handler)

Hello,
what version of Internet Explorer do you have? What Windows do you use? 64 or 32 bit? Can you send me the whole text of the error message please? Thank you.

My IE version is 8.0.6001.18702.
My os: Windows XP SP3 32 bit
Full log:
http://pastebin.com/Ypnigha7

Please download the fix for IE from here: http://iefaq.info/attachments/133/ie8…
Unzip the download and run the cmd file in it with a doubleclick.
Hope it helps.

Unfortunately, the script does not help, but it seems that the problem concerns just me. Maybe it is the good time to leave Windows XP…

Try to move your database folder to a PC with Windows 7 installed and let me know if the problem persist. By moving the whole database folder you get identical copy of all your data and settings.
Database location:
C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)