Could not connect to Exchange

I’ve setup exchange account in the Em Client usign autodiscover settings. But it could not connect. It create some log files at C:\Users\Stas\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\Logs but files are empty. I have the latest version of EmClient. Please advise.

I can see these errors:

15:46:27 ***********@***********.com [Exchange Web Services]  Синхронизация папок15:46:27 ***********@***********.com [Exchange Web Services]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Couldn’t get server version.
15:46:27    в MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeAccount.get_ExchangeService()
15:46:27    в MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
15:46:27    в MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__0(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
15:46:27 в MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
15:46:27 в MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hi Stanislav, what version of Exchange server are you using?
And what version exactly of eM Client are you currently using (help > about)?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,
I’ve updated emclient to 6.0.20563.0 (you suggested it today in another topic).
Exchange server version is 2010.

Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on Exchange Web Services logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the error occurs again, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs”, and send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.

Paul,

Logs are empty :frowning:

Thanks,
Stas

For anyone following this issue, Stanislav’s Exchange autodiscover was broken and eM Client couldn’t find the server’s address, after inserting it manually we’ve managed to make the Exchange account work.

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul, another issue.

Now EmClient crash all the time with this error message:

eM Client (6.0.20563.0)Windows: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0, Framework: 4.0.30319.1
The following error has occurred:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Невозможно загрузить файл или сборку “System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a” или один из зависимых от них компонентов. Не удается найти указанный файл.
Имя файла: “System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a” —> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Невозможно загрузить файл или сборку “System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a” или один из зависимых от них компонентов. Не удается найти указанный файл.
Имя файла: “System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a”

Предупреждение: регистрация привязки сборок выключена.
Чтобы включить регистрацию ошибок привязки сборок, установите значение параметра реестра [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) в 1.
Примечание. Регистрация ошибок привязки сборок может привести к некоторому снижению производительности.
Чтобы отключить эту функцию, удалите параметр реестра [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

в Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.HangingServiceRequestBase.ParseResponses(Object state)
   в System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   в System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   в System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   в System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   в System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Hi again Stanislav, do you still have the Exchange Web Services logging on? If so, can you maybe turn the off, that might help the issue.

Also just to make sure, download please the very latest release of eM Client here (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20567/setup.msi) and update your client to this version.

Thank you,
Paul.

Logging is disabled.
This issue occurs only when Exchange account sync is enabled.

Hi again,
I’ve notified the developers about this issue, I’ll let you know as soon as I get any more information on why is this occurring.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.

Hi again, can you please check if the server address didn’t change from /EWS/ to /OWA/ in Tools > Accounts > Your Exchange account?
If not, can you install .NET framework 4 on your computer, that should take care of the issue definitely?

Thank you,
Paul.

Server settings are correct.
I’ve installed  .NET framework 4, but issue still exist :frowning:

Hi again, can you try opening the server address that you have in the setting in Tools > Accounts > Your Exchange account and open the address in your browser?
Check if the address redirects to the address including the /OWA/ instead of /EWS/.

Thank you,
Paul.

Yes, it works.

Hi again, by it works do you mean that the address gets redirected to /OWA/?

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul,

URL https://webmail.***********.com/ews/exchange.asmx redirect to https://webmail.***********.com/ews/Services.wsdl . This is work as expected.

Hi again, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on the Exchange Web Services logging for the account now? This time they should not be empty.
As mentioned above:

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the error occurs go back to the advanced settings window and click on send logs and send the logs to [email protected]

Thank you,
Paul.