Corrupted email attachments with Exchange EWS account

Good morning everybody,

I successfully installed latest version of eM Client and linked it to my Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 with EWS protocol.

Everything works fine, except for the attachments.

Whether I try to open them directly from the eM Client or I save them in a local folder on my PC, they won’t open because they result as corrupted. I saw that their weight is always 0 byte (which mean that they are blank).

In Outlook everything is ok, same in Outlook Web Access.

What may cause this problem?

How can I fix it?

Thank you for helping people in difficulties.

Regards.

Hi Andrea,
what version of em Client are you currently using?
Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on Exchange web Services logging for the problematic account? Save the settings and restart the application, right click your inbox folder (if there’s some mail you have issues with) and select properties > repair and click on the repair button.

If that won’t solve the issue, go back to the advanced settings window and click on send logs, please send the logs to my email [email protected] and include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Dear Mr. McGregor,

your hint was very helpful, thank you.

It seems that repairing the folder archive (and consequently make it match with the Exchange folder) did the trick.

Unfortunately it takes a very long time when there are lots of messages in Inbox folder.

Just another question and then I’ll stop bothering: if I click on Repair on INBOX folder, does the command also propagates to eventually existent subfolders?

Thank you for your quick and right reply.

Andrea

P.S. I left EWS logs still recording, just in case.

Hi, unfortunately repair only works for the folder you’re using Repair on, without sub folders included.

I hope it will keep working properly now, but if not and if you come across any other issues, let us know, we’ll be happy to help!

Thank you,
Paul.