Copy email from disconnected mail account

Hello !

One of my client is using eM Client Pro, with several IMAP email accounts. He lost access to one specific email account, as he left the organization that provided it (account disabled by the organization IT dept.) ; as a consequence, the login/pass window constantly pops up to correct id credentials. No problem so far.

He asked me to delete this email account from eM Client, yet he would like to save received and sent emails before deleting the mail account, and there start the problems. Even when trying a simple copy from the inbox to a local folder, eM Client asks for login/pass, even though every single email in the inbox has been read and dowloaded.

Is there any workaround this issue ?

Best,

José

Hello José,
if the messages have been downloaded (download messages for offline use is checked) I suggest turning eM Client to offline mode to stop the password prompts (File>Work offline) and then  moving the messages.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia,
I’ve tried the offline mode, and it didn’t work either. Moving the messages won’t work as eM Client won’t be able to finish the task (suppressing the emails from the server), but copy should work, unless some attachment or emails weren’t downloaded prior to lose access to the serve.

I’ll try to copy emails one by one and update this case.

Best,

José

Hello Jose,
if the messages cant be moved even in the offline mode, then they might not have been downloaded fully.
Please be aware that for IMAP accounts eM Client only synchronizes the headers unless you check the ‘download messages for offline use’ option.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello again,

As far as I can remember, all messages are read (thus fully downloaded).
I’ll check the ‘download messages for offline use’ option ASAP, and let you know the results.

Best,

José

Hello !

Indeed, the ‘download messages for offline use’ option wasn’t checked, thus producing this error.

Case closed.